St George’s Mansions
St George’s Mansions has been created by the restoration of the former St George’s Hospital to form a collection of distinctive one, two and three bedroomed apartments, set in a parkland close to the bustling heart of Stafford. The building has been listed Grade II and opened around 1818 as a General Lunatic Asylum, Stafford. The buildings of St. Georges Hospital closed in 1995.
Wardell Armstrong have been involved with the project from inception through to construction and completion. The main services provided include, structural engineering design, advice and drawings production, site inspections during construction, ground investigation and contamination assessment of soils.
St George’s Mansions won the ‘Best Change of Use of an Existing Building or Conversion’ category at the Regional Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Building Excellence Awards and represented the region in the national final.
The project was also been nominated for a 2019 Housebuilder Award in the Best Refurbishment Project category.